On Wednesday, December 11th Wet Seal had a sale going on where everything in the store was $15.00 or less.It was a great deal so I figured instead of going out in the freezing cold and dealing with tons of mall traffic, I would order from them online.
I had a $50.00 gift card and I ordered a few things that I really liked. I did a really good job of staying within that $50, and I only went over by about $1.50. Well, it just so happens that a pair of boots that I ordered was sold out. I got an email from Wet Seal saying that I would not be charged for them, however, I used a gift card and I checked the balance of the gift card and it’s still at $0.00!
I’m not letting almost $15.00 go to waste just because Wet Seal did not inform me that their item was out of stock when I purchased it. So while they tell me I am not being charged for the boots, I am indeed being charged for a pair of boots that I will never see. To top things off, the tracking number listed in my shipment confirmation email is not valid! When I clicked on it, the UPS website says it has no record of that tracking number!
Also in the email, they told me that because of the inconvenience from the boots being sold out I would receive free shipping on my next order and the link they provided for the “free shipping” is complete BS! It just links you to the Wet Seal homepage. I started an order from the link I was directed to and clicked proceed to checkout and it told me I didn’t qualify for free shipping. I have emailed Wet Seal customer service twice and have not received a response back and I tried calling and I sat there for a half an hour listening to music playing waiting for a customer service rep to answer but nobody ever picked up.
I looked at the hours of operation that is provided on their website and called within the time frame and day provided so there is absolutely no excuse. I am beyond frustrated and disappointed. I was really excited to treat myself to some new things because I have been working really hard between college and my job and now I’m not even looking forward to my purchases.
I lost out on $15.00 from a gift card that was a birthday present to me and who even knows if I’m going to receive my other items since UPS doesn't have record of my order.I will never buy from Wet Seal ever again.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Gift Card
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "Where can I begin!!!! FIRST OFF, save yourself some time and sanity and do not shop online from this fraudulent retailer! They will make the "human error and mistake that..."
- "Got some extra time and $$ to *** away? Well then put in an order with ooShirts.com! What a nightmare to work with. We usually use 4imprint, Logosoftware, and DiscountMugs for..."
- "Monday March 21, 2016 Fox River Mall, Appleton Wetseal associates are SO RUDE! I walked in two hours before closing time & nobody greeted me or told me about the..."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "For over a month and a half at my home in Charlotte, NC , USIC has been sitting in the parking area for hours, sometimes never getting out of trucks,..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."