On Wednesday, December 11th Wet Seal had a sale going on where everything in the store was $15.00 or less.It was a great deal so I figured instead of going out in the freezing cold and dealing with tons of mall traffic, I would order from them online.
I had a $50.00 gift card and I ordered a few things that I really liked. I did a really good job of staying within that $50, and I only went over by about $1.50. Well, it just so happens that a pair of boots that I ordered was sold out. I got an email from Wet Seal saying that I would not be charged for them, however, I used a gift card and I checked the balance of the gift card and it’s still at $0.00!
I’m not letting almost $15.00 go to waste just because Wet Seal did not inform me that their item was out of stock when I purchased it. So while they tell me I am not being charged for the boots, I am indeed being charged for a pair of boots that I will never see. To top things off, the tracking number listed in my shipment confirmation email is not valid! When I clicked on it, the UPS website says it has no record of that tracking number!
Also in the email, they told me that because of the inconvenience from the boots being sold out I would receive free shipping on my next order and the link they provided for the “free shipping” is complete BS! It just links you to the Wet Seal homepage. I started an order from the link I was directed to and clicked proceed to checkout and it told me I didn’t qualify for free shipping. I have emailed Wet Seal customer service twice and have not received a response back and I tried calling and I sat there for a half an hour listening to music playing waiting for a customer service rep to answer but nobody ever picked up.
I looked at the hours of operation that is provided on their website and called within the time frame and day provided so there is absolutely no excuse. I am beyond frustrated and disappointed. I was really excited to treat myself to some new things because I have been working really hard between college and my job and now I’m not even looking forward to my purchases.
I lost out on $15.00 from a gift card that was a birthday present to me and who even knows if I’m going to receive my other items since UPS doesn't have record of my order.I will never buy from Wet Seal ever again.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Gift Card
- Review category
- Footwear and Clothing
You May Also Like
- "I order a blue jumper( with other items) as attached photo with pattern on it as first photo. 6 weeks later or I got a blue jumper but totally different..."
- "I bought a ballet in Aerosoles. In the store assistants do they job well. I like they, but sometimes I saw what is inside. OMG! See my pictures, please. The..."
- "Same here. This company is bogus. I purchased what I thought was a wool pea coat white the picture was amazing . What I got? Was a jacket made if..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "I have a 1999 Fleetwood Discovery. Its a very popular layout. I have a Freightliner Chassis under me. Its commercial midium range bus chassis. Ive had minor roof leak..."
- "I recently bought a Pro-Form 225 CSE Elliptical. Once we try it we noticed how much the machine rocks. We try different surfaces, adjusting the feet and tighten up the..."
- "No, she's not a thief; she is just the opposite. She's the best. Her picture was nothing like her: she is ten times more beautiful in person. Her face, her..."
- "If you are considering buying a home warranty policy from AHS, you really need to have an attorney review the contract. What YOU think it says in black and white,..."